Sanremo: The promenade and the train station, 1900
Sanremo has had two train stations in the course of its history. While the current one, from 2001 is very visible and situated near the Garibaldi Roundabout, the first was built in 1872. The old station had three platforms, also a building for travellers, which included the ticket office, two waiting rooms, a bar and a news-stand. While these last two are still there the other spaces have been organized for shows and events.
A small curiosity: the station originally had the correct name "Sanremo", it was then changed to "San Remo". A railway museum was considered for the station buildings, but currently this has not gone any further forward.