Sanremo: croupier at the Casinò 1933
The history of Sanremo is indissolubly linked to that of its gaming house. The building, in liberty style, was inaugurated in 1905 and initially was called Kiurzaal. Games of chance were practiced in the building without official authorization, which came only in 1927 with the intercession of Benito Mussolini, contacted by the chief magistrate of Sanremo Pietro Agosti.
The casino officially became therefore a gaming house from 1928 and the first croupiers to be employed came from Belgium, where one of the most prestigious schools existed, The Casinò was closed in 1940 during the second world war and reopened when the war finished. Today the Casinò apart from being a gaming house is an important location for congresses and high level events.