Sanremo: Casinò and La Pergola, 1937
In the 1930's, the period of the Sanremo Belle Epoque , from the spring onwards the Casinò was given an external structure , called "The Pergola". It was an external room that could be dismantled , positioned on the left face of the Casinò, in which guests could enjoy live music and spectacles, in an exclusive competition.
From the 50's , The Pergola was replaced by the Roof Garden, a covered terrace, which today represents one of the most glamourous meeting places in the city. Here jazz music was introduced for the first time to San Remo: it was 1968 and the Festival was conducted by Pippo Baudo.